Whether it's using AI to help organize a Lego collection or relying on an algorithm to protect our cities, deep learning neural networks seemingly become more impressive and complex each day. Now, however, some scientists are pushing the capabilities...
This was the email that convinced the billionaire Emir of Dubai to rescue a community centre in a rural British village
A rural British village has succeeded in an audacious appeal for funding from the billionaire Emir of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
The villagers of Godolphin Cross, in Cornwall, wrote to Sheikh Mohammed asking that he support their campaign to raise up to £100,000 ($130,000) to buy the local Methodist chapel.
Walgreens is buying Rite Aid's assets for $5.18 billion after the two sides terminate their merger (WBA, RAD)
Walgreens Boots Alliance announced on Thursday that it entered into an agreement to acquire 2,186 Rite Aid stores and related assets for $5.18 billion.
Xiaomi's high-end laser projector is amazing.
Xiaomi is known for selling budget products that offer amazing value for money, and while its latest product costs $1,470, it comes out to be fairly affordable when you look at the features on offer. Xiaomi says that the Mi Laser Projector is the "world's first truly cinema-level laser projector TV," offering 5,000 lumens brightness, 3,000:1 contrast levels, and covering over 85% of the NTSC color gamut.
Google DeepMind is giving three NHS trusts free access to a patient monitoring app known as Streams, which delivers push alerts to doctors and clinicians when their patients' conditions suddenly deteriorate.
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust confirmed on Thursday that DeepMind — a London-based artificial intelligence startup acquired by Google in 2014 for £400 million — is letting it use Streams for free.
Rupert Murdoch's attempt to take control of the entirety of the Sky broadcasting network suffered a setback on Wednesday, as the government said it intends to refer the £11.7 billion ($15.2 billion) deal to regulators.
The media billionaire's US company 21st Century Fox already owns 39% of the British broadcaster and wants to spend more cash to buy the remaining 61%.
The Tesalate towel is made from a special microfiber, called AbsorbLite, which is meant to repel sand.
The makers say the towel is engineered to dry in "half the time of regular post-dip soggy towels."
The towels are made from 80% polyester and 20% polyamide and retail for around £46.
Produced by David Ibekwe
Microsoft's latest Windows 10 Preview Build for Insiders in the Fast ring introduces what's obviously meant as a response to all the ransomware attacks targeting the platform these days. The build comes with a new feature called "controlled folders"...